- Qty Per Pack: 6 to 7 whole Garlic (Avg 2" diameter)
- Form: Hardneck Rocambole
- Planting Season: Fall
- Hardiness Zone: 5-7
- Planting Depth: 1-2" (Clove pointed tip facing up)
- Plant Spacing: 3-6"
- Row Spacing: 6”
- Growth Habit: Upright
- Soil Preference: Sandy and loamy soil with a pH range of 6-7 and good drainage
- Light Preference: Full Sun
- Pruning: Remove flower stalks to conserve energy for large bulb growth
Originally brought to the Pacific Northwest in the late 1800s, Spanish Roja is a longtime regional favorite that fully deserves its stellar taste reputation among discerning cooks everywhere
A prize for all serious garlic lovers, heirloom Spanish Roja is a hardneck rocambole garlic renowned for its complex, rich flavor. .
Spanish Roja bulb wrappers are white or lightly striped, with plump and especially easy to peel red-skinned cloves. You’ll love Roja’s superbly rich, spicy flavor.