SHIPS BETWEEN AUG 23 - SEPT 01
- Qty Per Pack: 1 bulb (min 2" in diameter)
- Botanical Name: Allium Sativum “Music”
- Form: Hardneck Porcelain
- Planting Season: Fall
- Hardiness Zone: 3 - 9
- Planting Depth: 1-2" (Clove pointed tip facing up)
- Plant Spacing: 3-6"
- Row Spacing: 6”
- Growth Habit: Upright
- Soil Preference: Sandy and loamy soil with a pH range of 6-7 and good drainage
- Light Preference: Full Sun
- Pruning: Remove flower stalks to conserve energy for large bulb growth
One of the best heirloom varieties originated from Italy and most popular hardneck garlic for chefs around the world. Music garlic offers a flavor that ranges from spicy when raw to a hot and aromatic, true gourmet garlic flavor when cooked, and is considered to be the choice garlic of garlic lovers. A staple in a chef’s kitchen, It’s the perfect addition to soups, sauces, stir fries, marinades, rubs, dips and other recipes.
What makes Music Garlic as special?
- Hardneck: They have more complex flavors than the softneck garlic variety sold in grocery stores.
- Appearance: They have a sturdy, long, and vibrant flower stalk, with enormous bulbs wrapped in white, often with a soft pink or purple hue. The bulb wrappers tend to be very thick and parchment-like and tightly cover their few, but large, cloves, usually 4-8 cloves per bulb. Music garlic is a member of the porcelain garlic which are unique in that the scapes they produce in the spring coil in all kinds of ways resembling a bed of snakes. Music garlic cloves are large and easy to peel.
- Easy to grow: A very hardy garlic variety that likes cold weather. It can grow up to 3-4 feet tall. Its dark green leaves are stabilized by long roots.
- Storage: Very good storage, 3-6 months in dry, cool, and well-ventilated condition.
- Excellent flavor: The flavors are described as mild to medium hot, with musky, rich taste.