- Qty Per Pack: 1 bulb (min 2" diameter)
- Form: Hardneck Rocambole
- Planting Season: Fall
- Hardiness Zone: 5-7
- Planting Depth: 1-2" (Clove pointed tip facing up)
- Plant Spacing: 3-6"
- Row Spacing: 6”
- Growth Habit: Upright
- Soil Preference: Sandy and loamy soil with a pH range of 6-7 and good drainage
- Light Preference: Full Sun
- Pruning: Remove flower stalks to conserve energy for large bulb growth
An heirloom variety introduced to this country by a German immigrant in 1800’s.
A premium a hardneck variety within the Rocamble group that produces large satiny white and purple heads. German Reds are highly valued for having the best, spiciest garlic flavor. It is also one of the easiest Rocambles to grow, and is well adapted to the Northern climate. German Red Garlic has about 7 to 10 easily peeled cloves that set the standard for true garlic flavor. A moderate keeper, German Red will store for 4-6 months if handled properly after harvest.